dinsdag 15 maart 2011

MOINKballs #102

My son asked me last week, "Dad can you make a few MOINKballs for the class,We have an presentation in English this week"
Sure no problem,we all love MOINK'S.When do you need them...Uuhh tomorrow....Now we got a minor problem;-)
By the way MOINK stands for Moo (cow) Oink (pig).
Ok lets go, you need 500 gr minced meat,2 eggs, 1 onion, 2 gloves garlic,bacon, bread crum, tobasco and brown sugar to taste.
Blend everything well.
Make the ball's 4cm each and wrap a slice of bacon around it,place a skewer in the bacon to hold it together.
Put the ball's on a medium heat indirect grill for about 2-2,5 hours,and smoke with cherry wood.
After 2 hours you have to mop the sauce on the ball's to glaze them.I use a mixture of ketchup,brown sugar and tobasco to taste...
We tried the ball's, and they were awesome..Hope the kids at school love them too..
Enjoy!!









6 opmerkingen:

  1. Great looking MOINKs Marc! Bet the kids will love them. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi Cowgirl, I hope they love them....It's so much fun to learn the kids cooking;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hey Marc, just a question, when I made my MOINKBalls it took me 1,5 hours (at 200 degrees F) and they were just perfect.
    Isn't 2-2,5 hours too much?
    Just asking, I'm curious :-)

    Greetings,

    Smokeys

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love how I always learn something when I come here! These LOOK fabulous! Grill's looking good! I think ours is on its last leg! LOL!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Thanks Design Wine and Dine...you're husband gonna love them for sure...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen