zondag 1 mei 2011

1st time sushi #115

This morning was started with cooking the rice for sushi,It's the first time so I have to read everything carefully.
Guus from VCC Stick-it bought me a starters kit for sushi (sea weed, roller,wasabi,ginger,vinegar,Kikoman soy and a book basic techniques).
After the rice was done and sliced the cucumber and pickles it was time to roll them in seaweed.We also made a roll with salmon.
I'm so glad that I've read the book of basics.The rice was so sticky,you've got to make your fingers wet with a mixture of vinegar and water,before you start to roll or pick your rice.
Slice it in parts of 2cm.
The kids don't wanna try it...the thoughts of seaweeds make them puke.
My wife and I loved it very much.
For the kids I made a nice meatloaf..
Enjoy with some rose or white wine.







5 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks mutti;-)....not bad for the 1st time..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. My cousin bought me a sushi making kit for my birthday a couple years ago, and I've been meaning to try my hand at making my own... But, I have to admit, I'm a little scared! It seems so daunting!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Looks great to me! I have a kit too but never used it! I am not sure if I trust the raw fish I would buy. I guess I would make mostly veggie sushi. Great job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ilke, The raw fish is no problem..If you work clean.(choppboards,knives,hands)Veggie sushi is also good..It was much better then from the store;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen