zondag 2 oktober 2011

Wagyu #141

This weekend we had our friends over for dinner,Jan-Willem and Marjolein from "picture a recipe".
We are both food lovers,and like taking pictures of it.
We also tried to make a special dish on those evenings.
Now it was my turn... I get my hands on a few "Wagyu" burgers..This is in one word...Superb!! I can't describe the feeling in your mouth,but believe me,it was so tasty/juicy exploding flavor...and this without any sauce,salt,pepper or whatever!!! If you had it before then you know what I mean.
We just had them on the grill for about a few minutes,(rare/medium).
For the veggies we had the "brochette" with an mousseline (eggplant,zucchini,pepper bell)
For the mousseline use 1 egg yolk 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar and 1 Tbsp water,beat it in a small bowl until it's foam.
In the meantime melt 50gr real butter,add the foam and a handful basil.
For desert I had hot strawberry.
Heat up a skillet on the grill and add 200cl Tia Maria,rum or other liquor you like,add the strawberry's and a cinnamon stick.
Let it simmer for about 15 minutes.
Serve with whipped cream and vanilla ice.
Enjoy with a nice rose or red wine.







4 opmerkingen:

  1. Waygu is amazing, I thought it was mostly hype until I had it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ja Marc, dat zijn ze! Mooie plaatjes weer van een vurrukkulukke maaltijd. Waku waku away baby! De brochette ziet er met daglicht ook super uit! Zenx mate!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I have not had Waygu, have not heard of it till now as well. Guess I have to do some research this weekend :)
    Sounds like an easy, nice, laid back dinner. Bet you guys enjoyed the company and food greatly!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. @Chris..It is soo good!!! but way to expensive.
    @Ilke.. you've got to try it...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen